The Wing Institute is recruiting contract-based content writers in the field of evidence-based education. We are looking for professionals who can: 1) conduct literature reviews; 2) analyze the relevant data, research, and policies; and 3) write succinct overviews for publication on our web site.
- Positions to be filled by November 1, 2018.
- Please send resume to Jack States at the Wing Institute: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research topics will focus on the eight education drivers associated with student achievement and success in school. These drivers encompass essential practices, procedures, resources, and management strategies. Specific topics include but are not limited to: skills for effective teaching, effective teacher training, quality of leadership, and external influences affecting student outcomes.
Those interested must be able to analyze both the quality and quantity of evidence studies to determine if current research meets a threshold of evidence for providing information to support the work of educators.
Criteria for inclusion is based on:
- Quality: A continua of evidence prioritizing well designed randomized trials and single subject designed studies.
- Quantity: A continua of evidence spotlighting meta-analyses and replications of single subject designed studies.
Each Overview consists of a summary of the research, graphics as needed, and citations, and supporting conclusions.
- $1,000 for each Overview (1,500 to 2,500 words)
- Author’s name on the publication
- Working with other professional is the field of evidence-based education
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of evidence-based research.
- Work remotely and supply your own equipment (computer)
- Plan, develop, organize, write the above documents.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content and consistency with prior Wing Institute documents.
- Recommend updates and revisions derived from updates in research.
- Master’s degree in Education, Behavior Analysis, English, Psychology, Communication, or related degrees, is required.
Ability to deliver high quality documentation
- Ability to communicate complex or technical information easily
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to write from the perspective of education policy makers, school administrators, teachers, and parents